Private Catamaran Full Day Cruise to Caldera & Thirasia
- DEPARTURE DATES:
April 01 - October 30
Full day adventure
- DEPARTURE TIMES:
Daily @ 10:30 AM
Up to 20 passengers
- MEETING POINT:
At the Port of your Santorini Hotel
FREE Pick up & Drop off by shuttle bus at your Santorini Hotel
- STARTING POINT:
- ENDING POINT:
- EXPERIENCE LOCATION:
HIGHLIGHTS - WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS
- The sensation of the energy and heat under your feet, coming from an active volcano.
- You will be guided by locals who will provide you with information on the history of Santorini and useful tips for your stay on the island.
- The view of Santorini’ s Caldera from sea level, with its villages on the top of the cliffs, resembling snowcapped peaks.
- The taste of the organic salads and fruit that grow in our own farms and the delicious BBQ with fresh products.
- The luxurious comfort that our Lagoon Catamarans offer.
- All the little coves and bays of the Caldera you can’t reach from land.
- Our friendly crew, ready to cater for your every need.
- The refreshing feeling on your skin after swimming in the volcanic hot springs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
After you are picked up from your hotel, is where your worries end! Our full day catamaran Caldera cruise starts from the Vlychada marina and as we head towards the famous Caldera we will follow the coastline, past the Red and White Beach and the spot of "Mesa Pigadia". At one of these spots, weather permitting, you will get the chance to dive into the crystal clear waters using the snorkelling gear we provide.
Next stop is the "Indian Face" mountain and the Lighthouse of Akrotiri. After that, we visit the Palaia Kammeni volcanic island where you will get the opportunity to swim in the volcanic Hot Springs. Iron and sulphur elements in the warm waters will rejuvenate your skin and spirit!
For those who like a bit of action you can disembark on Nea Kammeni and follow the trail up to the crater of the Volcano. In one of the little sheltered bays of Nea Kammeni our Crew will prepare a delicious BBQ, using only the freshest ingredients and best local products!
We continue the full day catamaran Caldera cruise and draw near the Old Port of Fira where you can take photos of the donkeys and the cable car, climbing up the steep mountain trail. "Efta Paides", the little church hidden in the rough coastline of the Caldera or the little Armeni Bay are perfect choices for another refreshing swim. At Ammoudi bay, on the tiny island of St Nicolas, those brave enough can try jumping from a high diving spot into the deep blue waters.;
Right across from Ammoudi bay, lies the completely virgin island of Thirassia, opposite its cosmopolitan sister island Santorini, not at all jealous of its glamour and popularity. You will cruise under its shadow as the sun starts diving towards the sea, down to the spot of Tripiti where you can see the other side of the island through a hole in the mountain. Once at open sea, you will be escorted back to the marina by the colours of the most famous sunset in the world.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfers to and from the yacht
- Water, soft drinks, wine, beer
- One BBQ lunch
- Snacks and fruit
- Snorkeling equipment
- Captain & crew
- Port Authority expenses
- Full insurance
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Volcano entrance fee
- Off board activities
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Red beach
- White beach
- Mesa Pigadia
- Indian Face mountain
- Acrotiri lighthouse
- Palaia Kammeni – Hot springs
- Nea Kammeni
- Old port of Fira
- “Efta Paides” church
- Armeni bay
- Ammoudi bay
- Tripiti Spot, Thirassia
- Choose dark colored bathing suits if you are planning on swimming in the hot springs since the iron and sulfur can stain light-colored materials and turn them brown.
- Don’t forget to bring your suntan lotion and a hat.
- If you are planning on walking up the crater of the volcano, it is best to bring your trainers.
- Be sure to bring a camera. The crew will take care of your belongings while you swim.
- If you are taking the cruise in April-May or late September-October carry a light jacket in case it gets cold.
- Inform us in advance of any dietary preferences or allergies
- The schedule is always subject to changes depending on the weather conditions.