Caldera Semi - Private Catamaran Day Cruise
- DEPARTURE DATES:
April 01 - October 30
5 hours of adventure
- DEPARTURE TIMES:
Daily @ 10:30 AM
- CAPACITY QUALITY LIMIT:
Maximum 14 Passengers (Yacht capacity: >20 Passengers)
- MEETING POINT:
At the Port of your Santorini Hotel
FREE Pick up & Drop off by shuttle bus at your Santorini Hotel
- STARTING POINT:
- ENDING POINT:
- EXPERIENCE LOCATION:
Caldera - Santorini
HIGHLIGHTS - WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS
- All the little coves and bays not reachable from land
- The view of Santorini’ s Caldera from sea level, with its villages on the top of the cliffs, resembling snowcapped peaks.
- You will be guided by locals who will provide you with information on the history of Santorini and useful tips for your stay on the island
- The refreshing feeling on your skin after swimming in the Hot springs
- The taste of the organic salads and fruit that grow in our own farms and the delicious BBQ with fresh products. .
- A semi-private cruise is a great place to meet new, like-minded people and have great company during the journey and, why not, even the rest of your vacations on Santorini!
- For your maximum comfort and enjoyment we have set a limit of maximum 14 people, even though the capacity of the catamaran can exceed 20 people.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Once the shuttle bus picks all the guests from their hotels, the catamaran is ready to start from the marina of Vlychada and the experience of this unique semi-private sailing cruise around Santorini is about to begin for you and your co-travelers! We'll start off heading towards the Caldera, following the coastline past the Red Beach, the White Beach and the lovely spot of "Mesa Pigadia" and we'll make our first stop, as the sun is high and the sea calls for a swim. You can take up the opportunity and make your cruise even more interesting, by using the snorkeling gear we provide for you to explore the crystalline waters.
Then, we'll head to "Palaia Kammeni" by way of the "Indian Face" mountain and the Lighthouse of Akrotiri. This little volcanic island is a place you shouldn't miss, as here you can swim in the volcanic Hot Springs and profit from its natural iron and sulphur elements that will rejuvenate your body and mind. After this already quite full journey, it's probably time for lunch. That's why our next stop will be a sheltered bay with calm waters on the island of "Nea Kammeni", where you can relax and swim next to the active volcano, while our crew lights the fire and prepares a BBQ with the best local ingredients.
After this delicious meal, the cruise of the coastline will continue and we'll draw near the Old Port of Fira and admire the traditional landscape with its donkeys and the cable car that goes up the steep mountain trail – coincidentally, a perfect spot for a couple of photos!
Before your semi-private cruise comes to an end and you get back to your hotel, the catamaran will stop by the hidden church of "Efta Paides" or the little Armeni Bay, to take a break from sailing and let you have another refreshing dive into the shimmering waters.
For the end of your journey, we've ensured the most spectacular view – we dock right under the spectacular Ammoudi Bay red cliffs, where our shuttle bus will be ready and waiting to take you back to your Hotel to rest.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfers to and from the yacht
- Water, soft drinks, wine, beer
- BBQ lunch
- Snorkeling equipment
- Captain & crew
- Full insurance
- Port Authority Expenses
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Mesa Pigadia spot
- Old port of Fira
- “Efta Paides” church
- Indian Face mountain
- Red beach
- White beach
- Nea Kammeni
- Palaia Kammeni – Hot Springs
- Akrotiri Lighthouse
- Armeni bay
- Ammoudi bay
- Don’t forget to bring your sun lotion and a hat
- Choose dark colored bathing suits if you are planning on swimming in the hot springs since the iron and sulfur can stain light-colored materials and turn them brown
- Be sure to bring a camera. The crew will take care of your belongings while you swim
- If you are taking the cruise in April-May or late September-October carry a light jacket in case it gets cold.
- Inform us in advance of any dietary preferences or allergies
- The schedule is always subject to changes depending on the weather conditions.